We’ve all had steam coming out of our ears, spending an eternity trying to center quilt blocks using traditional measuring methods, while attempting to solve seemingly complex math equations. We finally measure everything out, make the cuts, just to find out our block isn’t centered correctly! We are beside ourselves, filled with quilting anger, or as we like to call it, “quanger.” Maybe we forgot to account for seam allowances or used thick appliqué that made it hard to fold and find the center. Whatever the case may be, say goodbye to math, measuring, and redoing those beautiful blocks you spent your whole day trying to perfect. Kimberbell Orange Pop Rulers help you VISUALLY CENTER your designs before making that big cut.
Just follow this simple, 3-step process:
– The open frame allows the rulers to lay flat and nest together for easy centering. We’ve taken out all the math!
– Visually centering is easy with the clearly marked ¼” gridlines and center markings.
– Nesting the rulers offers an expanded surface area to place your hand while cutting.
– Extended channels allow you to cut all the way through the corner so your block has perfectly squared corners. We recommend using a 45mm rotary cutter or smaller as well as a rotating mat.
– The square and rectangle rulers come in standard quilt block sizes to enable you to finish not only your Kimberbell projects, but all your quilting crafts! The versatility of these rulers will make them your new favorite tool.
Square (4 rulers): 4 ½”, 6 ½”, and 8 ½” (Blocks finish at 4, 6, and 8”) – Bonus Ruler: Half Square Triangle Ruler in 2 sizes: 2 ½” and 4 ½”
Rectangle (6 rulers): 4 ½ x 6 ½”, 6 ½ x 8 ½” and 8 ½ x 10 ½” (Blocks finish at 4×6, 6×8, and 8×10”) – Bonus Rulers: Flying Geese Ruler in 2 sizes, Tumbler Block template, & standard 3 ½” ruler with ¼” guide
Now that all the details are cleared out of the way, what kind of projects can you make with the Orange Pop? How about T-shirt quilts, denim quilts, hand-embroidery/appliqué machine embroidery projects, sewing projects, fussy-cuts, even “children drawing on your fabric” kind of projects? The possibilities are endless! “Pop” open a pack of Orange Pop Rulers today and say sayonara to all your block measuring headaches.
See the Orange Pop Rulers in action by watching the video demo below: